Wednesday, December 09, 2009

The Sky is Blue.....

Wow! At last I have found a little bit of time to work on a quilt that I started two years ago. It is large! Finished size is about 2-1/2 by 2 metres. The method I am using, is to create a sort of 'canvas' which is actually a simple calico quilt, with the design pencilled in. I attach the fabric pieces a bit at a time, building up the design. Here is where I am up to at present. You will notice that there are a lot of pins in the boy. That is because I am yet to overlay some "Verona" (clear water soluble film) over the top. When this is done, I will re-load the quilt back onto the quilting machine, and quilt the pieces in place. After this, I will soak the entire quilt to remove this layer, dry it, and start work on the background - at long last!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mum. I was reading your blog and the website. I can't believe the sheer volume of work you have done in the past year with your own patterns. They all look great. Plus I can see Dad's influence in the marketing side of things. The blog looks great. You two are quilting celebrities! Can't believe you're on twitter too. I'm not even on twitter. What's next? facebook?