Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Art Nouveau Today's Edition

This morning I worked on the drapery of the figure. It wasn't easy to reduce about five different tones to just two, but by selecting a new background it would be less work to stitch out. My new idea is to use different background fabrics in different areas to make the final design much more dynamic in terms of colour. So we have a different colour behind the arch and a more suitable colour behind the fabric folds.

The original design has some prints stacked up in the foreground, but I think I will introduce flowers here, possibly standing in a tall vase, and spilling out over the frame to lead to the outer frames. I have no idea yet how these will look. In the final quilt, some of these could be three-dimensional, as could some of the leaves in the hair.

No comments: