Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Art Nouveau Garden is Slowly Growing

Today, I had fun for five minutes at lunch time when I photographed up close some of the fowers and plants in my garden. These images will be handy to file away for design ideas later.





The Art Nouveau Garden is slowing growing. It takes about an hour a day when I am working on the design as this is all the time I have available, but I will get there. Today I did a lot of playing with colour combinations. Although they may not resemble the final fabrics very much, I am finding that this initial fabric rehearsal pays off once the quilt is started. You can narrow down the basic tone, textures and hues, saving a lot of time later. I have been having fun playing with the magenta, cyan and yellow sliding bars on the palette as you can see the colour dynamically changing as you work.







No comments: