Thursday, May 11, 2006

Friday, May 12


Progress is being made on Gather ye. Last weekend I loaded up the quilt and started on the the intense quilting that will cover the design. It was fun. The lines just flowed and I really enjoyed myself. Have to admit that it was a bit scary to quilt over the face and hands, but I just did it and the end result was OK. I tried to make it look like an old fashioned etching up close and I was happy with the result.









Here you can see the quilt on the Gammill in progress. The same thing could be done on a smaller machine, but the Gammill just makes it easier.







I have also been doing lots of quilting for customers. This is a detail of a nice one from Lyn P. She said - "do whatever", which was just great and I enjoyed playing with textures and fills


No comments: